Reconstructive and Prosthetic Urology
Difficulties in relation to your bladder or sexual health can negatively impact a man’s day-to-day quality of life. Many men suffer from treatable symptoms of genitourinary disorders for years before seeking treatment, causing unnecessary grief and possible long-term problems.
Our team of specialists, led by a fellowship-trained surgeon, offers precise treatments for male genital and urethral disorders that can help put an end to this suffering and facilitate a return to a healthy, normal life.
Male reconstructive urology
As a sub-specialty of urology also called Male Genitourinary Reconstruction, it focuses on restoring normal function by repairing, rerouting or recreating areas of the upper and lower urinary tract.
Patients are referred to a reconstructive urologist when urethral stricture disease is present. This is scar tissue in the urethra that can cause a blockage or obstruct urine flow. These issues can be caused by birth defects, injury, medical conditions or complications from surgery or other treatment, including complications from treatment of prostate cancer.
To learn more or schedule an appointment
Our most common procedures performed include:
- Urethral reconstruction, repair of urethral strictures (narrowing of the urethra)
- Penile implants for treatment of erectile dysfunction
- Procedures for penile curvature (Peyronie’s Disease)
- Bladder neck reconstruction
- Urinary diversion
- Penile and scrotal reconstructive surgery
- Surgical treatment of Male Stress Urinary Incontinence